Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FallenAnjel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
On and Island that is Long.
I currently have an iphone 6s. When I connect the phone to the computer to copy the pics off (I don't use itunes, I just copy/paste to a hard drive), only a 65 of the 7200 photos show up. In 12 years of owning apple products this is the first time this has ever happened. I've tried different usb ports, different cords. I haven't tried a different computer yet but I do have windows 10.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Tethered, have you tried with the built in Image Capture App? That's what I use.

Edit: disregard! Misread what computer you're trying it with.

FallenAnjel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
On and Island that is Long.
I currently have an iphone 6s. When I connect the phone to the computer to copy the pics off (I don't use itunes, I just copy/paste to a hard drive), only a 65 of the 7200 photos show up. In 12 years of owning apple products this is the first time this has ever happened. I've tried different usb ports, different cords. I haven't tried a different computer yet but I do have windows 10.

Anyone have any ideas?
Ok, I PARTIALLY figured it out! I downloaded them from icloud dot com! The issue was that I have 1200+ pictures from a road trip from NY to Florida and I had location on them and I didn't want to lose the location info. While they all are on google photos and location shows while viewing them on the website the location is stripped once downloaded. (at least it's not shown in the Properties box).

My NEXT problem is figuring out why the 500+ photos from Florida on my OTHER phone , the 7Plus didn't upload to icloud! Those DO show up when connected to the computer but like previous.. the location data is stripped once downloaded from the phone. it seems only icloud keeps that info intact. I even backed up twice and the pics will not show up on icloud. I'll make a new post for that.

Almost there......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.