Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
My daughter just called me all flustered. She isn’t able to send messages to some people, while others she can. Most of her friends have iPhones, but some have android. She can text me and her mom, but not her sister (she texts on her iPad and an android phone).

She doesn’t get the “! Message not delivered” message. Nothing happens at all she says. I had her reboot her phone and nothing. She’s downloading the update now, but I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Check to see if Settings > Messages > SMS/MMS > MMS Messaging is enabled. Is this an issue that began out of the blue, or with a new iPhone, or had she been making settings changes?

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Check to see if Settings > Messages > SMS/MMS > MMS Messaging is enabled. Is this an issue that began out of the blue, or with a new iPhone, or had she been making settings changes?
That’s enabled. This happened out of the blue today. She’s had the phone for 2.5 years and never changed anything. As of an hour ago she can only text select people for no rhyme or reason

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Little update. She deleted the group text and now she can actually send messages and not just receive them. Still can’t iMessage her sister, which is odd.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Little update. She deleted the group text and now she can actually send messages and not just receive them. Still can’t iMessage her sister, which is odd.
Might be worth trying to turn iMessage off and then back on to see if that might help, if that hasn't been tried yet.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
In contacts is sister's phone listed as iPhone or ???
Also try restarting the phone. Sometimes I find it fixes weird things

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.