Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
I ordered the full body shield for my ipod touch and only the front came? It says FULL BODY on the packaging. Yet I can only find the front inside. Am I being stupid? Is it hidden somewhere in here?:confused:

manram24

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
why would u want the sheild
it makes the ipod touch look old and light shines off of it when ur watching something
the ipod touch is scratch resistent
just search iphone stress test on google then u will see
the iphone has the same screen as the ipod touch except for the pre week 38 shipments

xerikx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
it makes the ipod touch look old and light shines off of it when ur watching something
the iphone has the same screen as the ipod touch except for the pre week 38 shipments

Obviously he wants to put it on the back that does scratch like crazy, hence why he's angry the back isn't there?

MGLXP

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005

The back of the iPod Touch is definitely not scratch resistant as it's the same chrome mirror-finish that Apple has been using in its iPods since the first one.

WILLDOGS

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007

You don't know that for sure. It hasn't been proven yet if it was a software or hardware change. Don't make statements like that.

Chimpy

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2007
u guys are nonsense
the back will overheat and blow up so i wouldnt do that
:(:(:(

Not sure if you're trolling and I'm not in on the joke, but I've used Bestskinsever (an Invisible Shield knock-off) for some time now on my hard-drive based iPods. You will not notice any heat build-up from using a poly skin.

eclipxe

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
I ordered the full body shield for my ipod touch and only the front came? It says FULL BODY on the packaging. Yet I can only find the front inside. Am I being stupid? Is it hidden somewhere in here?:confused:

I Had the same thing happen!!! I'm so pissed, I didn't want to use the Touch until I got the shield...argh.

I only received the front piece (says full body)...I've called and sent emails, but it's the weekend. Looks like they screwed up on their end.

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
I Had the same thing happen!!! I'm so pissed, I didn't want to use the Touch until I got the shield...argh.

I only received the front piece (says full body)...I've called and sent emails, but it's the weekend. Looks like they screwed up on their end.

It kind of defeats the purpose, now it will be full of scratches by the time a new one comes(if even) I want a refund[:

tm1000

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
It kind of defeats the purpose, now it will be full of scratches by the time a new one comes(if even) I want a refund[:

Tape on the original cover that the touch came in. no joke I actually did this until I get a back cover!

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
I ordered the same thing, but mine hasnt come yet. I want it only for the back, hopefully they dont **** mine up too. For now though, I fashioned a cover for the back of the ipod using all of the stuff that cam in the box. If you still have it, take the clear cover from the front of the ipod and stick it to the back. Then take the black plastic piece that the ipod came in and cut it out to be just the shape of the ipod. Then cut off the parts for the dock connector port and the headphone jack. Then just tape it to the back with either double-sided tape or just roll some tape inside it. It doesnt look half bad and it is keeping my chrome side beautiful until my invisible shield comes. here are some pics:

Photo4.jpg

Photo6.jpg

I suggest you do this because I didnt cover my chrome back when i first got my touch and it had a few scratches on it within 3 hours! Do this until you can get a case or an invisible shield!

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
I ordered the same thing, but mine hasnt come yet. I want it only for the back, hopefully they dont **** mine up too. For now though, I fashioned a cover for the back of the ipod using all of the stuff that cam in the box. If you still have it, take the clear cover from the front of the ipod and stick it to the back. Then take the black plastic piece that the ipod came in and cut it out to be just the shape of the ipod. Then cut off the parts for the dock connector port and the headphone jack. Then just tape it to the back with either double-sided tape or just roll some tape inside it. It doesnt look half bad and it is keeping my chrome side beautiful until my invisible shield comes. here are some pics:

Photo4.jpg

Photo6.jpg

I suggest you do this because I didnt cover my chrome back when i first got my touch and it had a few scratches on it within 3 hours! Do this until you can get a case or an invisible shield!

Thanks! I did that!

ynblood

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
I had a bad experience with Invisible Shield. It took about a month to get my screen protector for my daughter's sidekick 3. They told me they were back up in orders for the iphone. I have a full cover on my BB Pearl phone from bestskinsever and it looks great. Plus it is 1/3 price of Invisible Shield. The only reason I brought from Invisible Shield is because bestskinsever didn't have a protector for the sidekick 3. Oh yes it came so late the screen got scratch on the SK 3 it was useless then. I still applied it but the scratch is noticeable.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
As we have seen on many message boards, the iPhone is NOT scratch resistant at all and neither is the Touch. They can both scratch very easily including the glass screen. Too many people have reported scratches for them to be scratch resistant.

I would just get a regular rubber case when they become available and just be careful with the Touch till then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.