Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dennis campbell

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
mojave is not allowing onyx access to system, ( preferences, security / privacy) there are no warning, directions
or any indications of whats to be done .....the strange thing is that is was able to run on both externals when first changed to mojave and now nothing.....have downloaded twice to make sure of correct osx app from titanium
and have used onyx in the past.....vg app and would like to resolve however am willing to switch to another to eliminate problem........

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
If you indeed have downloaded the correct macOS version of OnyX from the developer's website then I'm perplexed too. I'm currently on Mojave as well and have no issues with opening OnyX - if I have SystemIntegrityProtection(SIP) on I allow OnyX Full Disk Access in the Security & Privacy Preferences.

If SIP is off as now, OnyX already has access to the whole system and doesn't request anything other than a password to act on your local user account.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Thank you ?

Is maintenance something like CCleaner?

Please don't kill me ?

Thanks
Camelia
I believe it has the same amount of features to clean caches and such. Images attached of what Maintenance can clear out. The Options buttons reveals all the Internet browsing and stuff. I would go through this Options page before clearing out everything, such as e.g your iMessage history.
Screenshots are from the Mojave edition of Maintenance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 16.36.20.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 16.36.20.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 16.36.23.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 16.36.23.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Love
Reactions: camelia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.