Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laravia18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I just wanted to share my excitement! It took me awhile to get the money but I finally have a Mac computer, even better a Macbook. Since I was in a hurry I ordered express shipping and now it is at my house waiting for me to get home from school. 3 more hours till I hold my lovechild (I know that sounds crazy but oh well).:D:apple:

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Congratulations! You will undoubtably love it more than your first-born child. :p

P.S. It's "Mac" not "MAC" for future reference (MAC refers to Media Access Control address). ;)

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
Y'know, I switched a little over a year ago now, but I still remember feeling this excited when I got mine.

It'll change your computing life my friend. Welcome to the light side.

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
Haha...I remember my excitement when my first Mac arrived. At least, you don't have long to wait, unlike others who had to endure 2 or more weeks of suffering while Apple got there head on straight and send out the MBPs. You only have a coupla hours :D.

josiahcooper

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
yeh the unboxing is a truly momentous occasion. combined with the OSX startup and configuration. I will never forget it!

laravia18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Thanks everyone! This day feels like it was one of those moments that was years in the making! Now I know what my friend felt like when she got her first mac 2 years ago!

I have finally walk into the light!:)

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
Ahhh! Congratulations!!

Every time I read something like this, it makes me want to get my first Mac (MacBook) more and more!!
But I am waiting for Leopard, and the update to the MacBooks...

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Welcome to the madness. I just got one of them about a month ago. You'll quickly realize why the Mac community is so fanatical.

MHIoscar

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
CA
this post gives me a SMILE ON MY FACE!

that's right.... cuz pretty soon i will be posting the same (I getting a MBP) "the new ones thats if there is new ones in JAN"

but anyways

congratulations!
:apple::)

laravia18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
It fits me!

I have never had such ease using a computer! I am not computer illiterate by any means, but as soon as I got it out the box everything was revealed to me plain as day. I just this is paradise!:)

The only problem I am having is I am getting use to the macbook keys being spaced out. Since I have tiny fingers it is a little bit much. I am getting use to the keyboard though. For all those who are getting a new mb or mbp, i am sure you will appreciate once you hold your mac in your arms!

mach42006

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2007
Congrats...I finally picked up my 15" MBP yesterday. It's my first Mac, and I'm really impressed so far!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.