Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ztx34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Alright. So i now realize this was a bad idea, but i hit the erase all data button. I have an Iphone 3gs, jailbroken, unlocked and tethered (5.1.1 i believe.) I wanted to unjailbreak/relock it because i was fed up with how slow it was. The iPad baseband means i can't use it as i phone when it's not jailbroken, but i can still use it as a sort of iPod, right? That's all i want.

So, my iPhone seems to be frozen on startup. I tried booting tethered, but it wont go in DFU mode (and i've done this hundreds of times, so i know how.) So this is a two-parter: How do i get out of the boot-loop? And how can i unjailbreak/relock it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
~Z

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Try 101 time, get dfu and restore as new, use custom fw since you have the iPad BB.

Then downgrade to an ultrasn0w BB so you can use it as a phone.

Or just gift it to me :p

ztx34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Try 101 time, get dfu and restore as new, use custom fw since you have the iPad BB.

Then downgrade to an ultrasn0w BB so you can use it as a phone.

Or just gift it to me :p

But i can't get it to enter DFU mode and i know how to. it goes black and stays black. the only way to bring it back to startup is by holding the home and power button.

ztx34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
So looks like once i let it die, i was able to enter DFU and boot tethered

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.