Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evotoiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Mass
Ok so this is probably a stupid setting that I am missing, but since I have installed ML when I open an app for launchpad, it no longer shows up on my dock forcing me to use mission control to switch through apps that I have open. Any idea how to fix this?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Ok so this is probably a stupid setting that I am missing, but since I have installed ML when I open an app for launchpad, it no longer shows up on my dock forcing me to use mission control to switch through apps that I have open. Any idea how to fix this?
Which app is it? Not all open apps have a presence on the Dock.

yendor

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2003

I have the same problem with apps I open with MoofMenu. With the new sandboxing changes I wonder if 10.8 is not showing them because they are child apps of another program?

yendor

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2003
I think it is a bug in 10.8. I did a "killall Dock" and the missing apps appeared, and have appeared everytime I start them since.

l.kwitch95

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2016
I tried this and IT WORKED:

1. Open Terminal.app in your Applications > Utilities
2. Copy & Paste this command:

killall Dock

-----------------------------------
Source:
snowy
user-offline.png

maoliver137

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2017
For OS X El Capitan: go to System Preferences and choose Dock; tick the last box "Show indicators for open applications"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.