Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theawesomerb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2024
Hello guys ,

i'm on ventura on a mac book air 2015 , installed using OCLP , i'm trying to upgrade to sonoma , i've downloaded the installer using OCLP , after trying to creat the media installer , it says corrupted installer and says that it might be a usb faulty drive , i used three different usb and a external hard drive , same problem , you can look up the message yourself :
Capture d’écran 2024-01-02 à 7.16.38 PM.png

what would be a solution to this problem ?
also when i try to run OCLP on a virtual machine (host ryzen cpu and nvidia gpu) i cannot access to settings/ build and install OCLP despite trying different versions , thanks in advance.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have upgraded on the CMPro 5,1 with OCLP 1.3 using the following process:
  1. Download the full installer using the links provided by mrmacintosh.com. You will need to run the resulting Install Assistant.pkg to create the installer in /Applications
  2. Remove the root patch with OCLP and reboot.
  3. Run the installer in /Applications. It will reboot several times and might trundle for several hours.
  4. Run the OCLP root patch after the completion of the install.
I also run the full installer for updates on my system since the OTA usually fails with the error you see.

theawesomerb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2024
turns out the problem was the file , i downloaded a second time from the besite of mrmacintosh as you suggested , and it installed perfectly with OCLP , thanks lad

Tyrell63

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
I have tried with 14.4 again...and this has worked. 14.4.1 not

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.