Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aceaceace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont, CA and Ames, IA
OCLP 1.3.0 OSX Sonoma 14.2 Macbook Pro 13" early 2011 2TB Crucial SSD

Using Open Core Legacy Patcher for a year. All works great except having trouble with Time Machine Restore

The backup function of Time Machine works great.

Issue: click "Browse Time Machine Backups" which opens the Time Machine window and I can navigate thru the different backups from different dates and I can right-click a file, but when I click restore I get nothing. Also, CANCEL button will not cancel. It isn't locked up, I can still navigate to different folders etc, just will not get out of Time Machine. I have to force a power down reboot.

Anyone else have this issue? Any work-a-round.

Would love to keep using Time Machine, it is so easy. Set it and forget it.

aceaceace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Yes,

click Browse Time Machine Backups
Finder
opens
click above and behind Finder to navigate to a previous backup
can navigate to Desktop, Recent, Downloads, etc.
right-click restore a file does nothing (nothing that I can see)
Restore button does nothing (at least nothing that I can see) maybe it is and I can't see that.
Cancel does not get me out (I have to power cycle reboot to get out).

Sometimes the screen will refresh, like maybe it is taking ages for some actions? although navigation is quick

tensixturtle

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2021
Kepler 22b
Yes, I understand what you mean. However, what I was talking about is just opening a regular Finder window, not going through the Time Machine menu but from Finder in the dock and selecting your backup drive from the sidebar like you would any flash drive, external drive, etc. and then selecting a backup? (don't click "Enter Time Machine" as I would expect it would cause the same issue)
Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 7.10.03 PM.png

aceaceace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Sorry for the looong delay.

Yes, on one of my Sanoma OSX open core legacy patcher systems I can open the time machine backups from Finder. I see something like what you have above. A bunch of folders with dates and then a hyphen and then a number. I can open each folder from finder. This is a hard drive connected directly via USB cable.

On another Sonoma OSX OCLP system I only see a folder named Name-of-system.sparsebundle this is an Airport Time Capsule on my local network not connected directly, it is accessed thru local network.

aceaceace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Goal is to not have to rebuild OCLP systems all the way from my old hardware supported OSX back to OCLP Sonoma or latest OSX.

Have rebuilt a couple of Open Core Legacy Patcher systems that did not upgrade properly for some reason and it takes a while. I have to find the original OSX that will boot the the old hardware then figure out the path to get back to Sonoma or whatever the latest OSX is at that time. Then restore all my data photos etc.

What I want is to be able to reboot and reload my OCLP systems using Time Machine or some other software from a backup back to the state it is now without going thru the rebuild from scratch process. I used to have that with Time Machine but it has broken within the last 6 months with OCLP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.