Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erdna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2023
Hello! I need help please. I am trying to install Monterey via Open Core Legacy on a Mac Pro 5.1 (high sierra) and the instalation never finishes. The computer keeps restarting after the progress bar finish and goes back to the disk selection (pictures attached) and go again to a progress bar, restarts, disk selectir again... it seems it cant go further. I tried for several hours, dont know what to do more.

Open core 0.6.1, and last monterey version downloaded from the app. Please help

Attachments

• 741A349C-9D19-4B3E-9321-B27E68126F32.png
    741A349C-9D19-4B3E-9321-B27E68126F32.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 191

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Manually select the "Install macOS Monterey" image for each reboot until it is no more. It's what I did on the same config.
I did not try to boot into "Macintosh HD" and selecting the Install... disk as startup. The system on it is likely incomplete,
I do not remember how many times the system had to be rebooted. Some of the progress screens were painfully long.
Eventually, this all worked.

Reactions: Erdna

Erdna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2023
Manually select the "Install macOS Monterey" image for each reboot until it is no more. It's what I did on the same config.
I did not try to boot into "Macintosh HD" and selecting the Install... disk as startup. The system on it is likely incomplete,
I do not remember how many times the system had to be rebooted. Some of the progress screens were painfully long.
Eventually, this all worked.
Thank you!! Its working now!! :)

Kenxiro

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2023
Hi guys
I need your help. iMac 12.1 Xeon 1270, m2000m 4Gb (Maxwell) and OpenCore 0.6.2
I put Monterey, everything is installed. But when loading a black screen. I boot in safe mode, apply root patches in OpenCore - nothing changes, the screen is still black. I am attaching a screenshot and my plist, advise what to do?
config file - rename without txt
PS High Sierra work exellent.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-04-06 в 20.02.37.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-04-06 в 20.02.37.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 72
  • config.plist.txt
    59.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

ottomanuel

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2023
Hello! I need help please. I am trying to install Monterey via Open Core Legacy on a Mac Pro 5.1 (high sierra) and the instalation never finishes. The computer keeps restarting after the progress bar finish and goes back to the disk selection (pictures attached) and go again to a progress bar, restarts, disk selectir again... it seems it cant go further. I tried for several hours, dont know what to do more.

Open core 0.6.1, and last monterey version downloaded from the app. Please help
Saludos me paso lo mismo, qué hice? en vez de iniciar la pc con la tecla option inicie con las teclas "shift+comand+S" y seguir el proceso, no te asustes cuando solo te salgan letras y se detenga agregas "exit" + return y ya puedes instalar y los errores desataren después, suerte con eso!
Greetings, the same thing happened to me, what did I do? Instead of starting the pc with the option key, start with the keys "shift+command+S" and follow the process, don't be scared when you only get letters and it stops, add "exit" + return and you can install and the errors untie later, good luck with that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.