Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Hi, on a new MacOS user account when you go to open Keychain Access to look up a password, the system gives you the option to Open Keychain Access or to Open Passwords - the newer, easier (imo) option in Sys Preferences.

I had selected KA, and 'Do not show again' but now wish for that lookup action to be the new Open Passwords in Sys Pref. How can I change this behavior once I've made a selection and told the prompt not to show again?\

thx,
nf

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 11.31.30 AM.PNG

nfable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I apologize, I wasn't clear on my goal - I'm looking for a way to do the 4 finger pinch to display apps, type 'pass' and go directly to the Passwords in Sys Pref - this is a muscle memory I developed over years to summon KA for passwords.

This helped me by getting it out of my head, thanks for letting me articulate my goal better - it lead me to this shortcut: from a Reddit post. I was able to add that shortcut to my dock and now I can summon as desired!

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.