Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
The default App "Notes" got my daily driver for all my notes and texts. However, I am not able to open several windows of it, just like I do with all other Apps. How can I open several windows of it, to have a side by side view on different notes?
In the internet search I found the recommendation: "menu Window -> Float Selected Note" quite often. Unfortunately, on my Mac Air M1 I do not have this option. When I go to "Window -> Open Note in new Window" this option is grey and not available, so I cannot click on it.

It cannot be, that this important feature is not available anymore ?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Works for me by double-clicking on the notes, but for some asinine reason, the first one you open is hidden behind the App window once you open the second 🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe that's what's going on with you? You didn't realize you had opened it because it was hidden behind another window?

Reactions: phl92

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Works for me by double-clicking on the notes, but for some asinine reason, the first one you open is hidden behind the App window once you open the second 🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe that's what's going on with you? You didn't realize you had opened it because it was hidden behind another window?

Not sure which version of MacOS this is in the video, mine looks quite different BUT I managed to solve it. When I double click on a Note it opens normally, but somehow now I can go to the Window settings and click on "Open Note in new Window" which was before not possible to click on. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: usagora

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Not sure which version of MacOS this is in the video, mine looks quite different BUT I managed to solve it. When I double click on a Note it opens normally, but somehow now I can go to the Window settings and click on "Open Note in new Window" which was before not possible to click on. Thanks a lot!

Ventura (13.3.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.