Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SnakeCoils

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
Italy
Well, changing the declarations in the patch file (1002) about the OSX version did not change anything, same error during compile. For completeness the manual modification in ScreenSaver.cpp involved an additional change in the two lines as follow:

Code:
 m_okDisp = (IOPMAssertionCreate(kIOPMAssertionTypeNoDisplaySleep, kIOPMAssertionLevelOn, &m_idDisp) == kIOReturnSuccess);
 m_okSys  = (IOPMAssertionCreate(kIOPMAssertionTypeNoIdleSleep,  kIOPMAssertionLevelOn, &m_idSys)  == kIOReturnSuccess);

Otherwise the compiler would complain: for the above fix I have followed the suggestions in the main.log file.
About the patches not applied I noticed that while traces of 0001-0007 are found in the log file, the 1002 (that refers to Screensaver.cpp patch) never went considered during compile, I have tried to copy it in the first list of the Portfile patches (just after the 0007) but it did not worked :) Anyway the program runs great, a bit complicated at first sight but very customizable. Many thanks!

Last edited:

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
Otherwise the compiler would complain: for the above fix I have followed the suggestions in the main.log file.
About the patches not applied I noticed that while traces of 0001-0007 are found in the log file, the 1002 (that refers to Screensaver.cpp patch) never went considered during compile

Thank you, I am being stupid, I put the patch into the wrong section of the port file. It has three different versions, so the patch simply was never applied in your build.

UPD. And it did not apply when you tried to add it, because that part is already been patched in patch 0003. Anyway, I will sort this out. Thanks for testing, it was very helpful.

Reactions: SnakeCoils

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2021
Well, changing the declarations in the patch file (1002) about the OSX version did not change anything, same error during compile. For completeness the manual modification in ScreenSaver.cpp involved an additional change in the two lines as follow:

Code:
 m_okDisp = (IOPMAssertionCreate(kIOPMAssertionTypeNoDisplaySleep, kIOPMAssertionLevelOn, &m_idDisp) == kIOReturnSuccess);
 m_okSys  = (IOPMAssertionCreate(kIOPMAssertionTypeNoIdleSleep,  kIOPMAssertionLevelOn, &m_idSys)  == kIOReturnSuccess);

About the patches not applied I noticed that while traces of 0001-0007 are found in the log file, the 1002 (that refers to Screensaver.cpp patch) never went considered during compile, I have tried to copy it in the first list of the Portfile patches (just after the 0007) but it did not worked :) Anyway the program runs great, a bit complicated at first sight but very customizable. Many thanks!

I have finally rebased the PR with your change incorporated. Hopefully this gonna work now: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/23676

Reactions: SnakeCoils
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.