Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christos312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2019
Hello to all

I am trying to assign shortcut to open terminal on the current folder, but it doesnt seem to work.

I know that I have to go to Settings > Keyboard > Services and enable New Terminal at Folder.

I do that and when I go to Finder > services I can see the option there.

The problem is that if I set a shortcut, the shortcut does not work. I tried multiple shortcuts in case there was a conflict but no luck.

What else should I do?

Kind regards
Christos

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
There's a lot of shortcut combinations that are already taken.

I found that choosing ctrl-alt-T was available, and with that chosen I can open a "New Terminal at Folder". (I also could use shift-ctrl-alt-T for a "New Terminal Tab at Folder".

If the shortcut you've chosen are visible from the Service menu (Finder > Services > New Terminal at Folder), like this:

1.png

Reactions: christos312

christos312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2019
There's a lot of shortcut combinations that are already taken.

I found that choosing ctrl-alt-T was available, and with that chosen I can open a "New Terminal at Folder". (I also could use shift-ctrl-alt-T for a "New Terminal Tab at Folder".

If the shortcut you've chosen are visible from the Service menu (Finder > Services > New Terminal at Folder), like this:

1.png

You are right, it was a matter of choosing another shortcut. I guess I need to find something that is not being used.

Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.