Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexanderzjs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2022
Hi, All,

Recently, I switch from LiveUSB based on rEFInd and grub2 to OpenCore. My LiveUSB entries under Misc section contains something like:

XML:
<dict>
    <key>Arguments</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Auxiliary</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Windows 10 Setup</string>
    <key>Enabled</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Flavour</key>
    <string>Windows</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Path</key>
    <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0x4,0x0)/HD(5,GPT,F98442A8-A369-4BF0-BE54-E5AFDEFFA702,0x4FC6000,0xC00000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
    <key>TextMode</key>
    <false/>
</dict>

But the above script runs into one problem: When I test the script on my virtual machine, it works fine. However, the Pci part is different when I test it on real machine (I have a MacBook Pro 2014). After looking through the configuration documentation, there is no such thing like "Volume" in Clover so that I can just use partition's UUID without the PCI part to specify the partition contains Windows 10.

So, would you guys recommend someway to achieve this? Or explain how I can achieve the above goal in another way?

Last edited:

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Hi, All,

Recently, I switch from LiveUSB based on rEFInd and grub2 to OpenCore. My LiveUSB entries under Misc section contains something like:

XML:
<dict>
    <key>Arguments</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Auxiliary</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <key>Enabled</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Flavour</key>
    <string>Windows</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Path</key>
    <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0x4,0x0)/HD(5,GPT,F98442A8-A369-4BF0-BE54-E5AFDEFFA702,0x4FC6000,0xC00000)/\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
    <key>TextMode</key>
    <false/>
</dict>

But the above script runs into one problem: When I test the script on my virtual machine, it works fine. However, the Pci part is different when I test it on real machine (I have a MacBook Pro 2014). After looking through the configuration documentation, there is no such thing like "Volume" in Clover so that I can just use partition's UUID without the PCI part to specify the partition contains Windows 10.

So, would you guys recommend someway to achieve this? Or explain how I can achieve the above goal in another way?
If Windows is installed on the first partition of a GPT formatted drive it should be automatically recognized if scam policy is zero.

alexanderzjs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2022
If Windows is installed on the first partition of a GPT formatted drive it should be automatically recognized if scam policy is zero.
That's correct, but my problem is my USB has been parted into different partitions. I have partitions for EFI, macOS Mojave installer, macOS Monterey installer, Windows 10 installer, Windows 11 installer, and one for Linux distros.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.