Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kherman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2022
Just installed a Sonnet McFiver PCIe Card in my 5,1 Mac Pro running Monterey 12.6 with OCLP v0.6.8 and was wondering if there is a fix for the 10gbs ethernet. I see that Martin Lo's most recent Open Core has one but again I'm running OCLP.

I saw Jazzzny' post with the .kext files but I'm not sure they work with OCLP. If anyone has a solution for OCLP or if the .kext files can be implemented with OCLP and maybe post a short guide how to install I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

lx#1

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2023
I am almost in the same position. MacPro 4,1 updated to 5,1 running Monterey 12.7 with OCLP 1.0.1 and an Aquantia 10GbE card. The card works in Monterey 12.2 but I cannot get it to do its job in 12.7.

OCLP's ForceAquantiaEthernet works in 12.2 but doesn't help in 12.7.
And OCLP's Aquantia Ethernet Patch (which is based on Jazzzmy's solution as far as I know) doesn't work either.

Jazzny uses another kext for his solution AppleEthernetAbuantiaAqtionFirmware.kext which seem not to be present in OCLP. Could that be the problem?

I am trying to fix this for at least 6 months now – any ideas would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.