Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guymartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2019
Hi -

Relative newby to Opencore Legacy Patcher, so maybe some obvious questions, but I am stuck!

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 that has been running Mojave for years fine, with the MacVidCards bluetooth/wifi mod and a non-flashed RX560. Finally fed up with no updates and software stopping working, so decided to try and update to the latest OS via Opencore Legacy Patcher. I have installed a new SSD and successfully installed Sonoma to that, and have Opencore Boot Picker installed on that SSD and able to select Sonoma. However, when I try to select Mojave from the NVMe I just get a STOP sign - I've read a lot of the discussions, but can't seen to figure a clear answer to this

- Is it the boot-args=no_compat_check that I need to add - if so, forgive me but I don't know where to add that?
- Can I simply select the NVMe back as my boot drive and successfully boot back into Mojave, and select the new SSD to go back into Sonoma?
- If I ultimately want to have Sonoma on the NVMe, are there any issues with booting Openlegacy Boot Picker from that?

Sorry for what must be obvious questions, but I am a bit stuck!

KR
Guy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.