Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
Installed Monterey on my MacPro 5.1 GPU GeForce 980Ti Sadly After Effcts and Premiere not supporting GPU and crashing when editing. Now I'm back to High Sierra and have the same problem on it. EA and Premiere don't support anymore my GPU Premiere crashing when GPU acceleration enebled and After effects are without display acceleration.
Seems that Open patcher sometnig changed in hardvare that caused this problem to pop up.
Have somebody experienced this and what are the solution?
With Monterey on a MP5.1 you absolutely need an AMD GPU that supports Metal. You can’t install a modern MacOS with an old Nvidia card. Go for an AMD Radeon RX 580 and try it again.

Reactions: cosmolv

cosmolv

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
Latvia
With Monterey on a MP5.1 you absolutely need an AMD GPU that supports Metal. You can’t install a modern MacOS with an old Nvidia card. Go for an AMD Radeon RX 580 and try it again.
Better is update on New modern Mac, but for now i booted up Without OpenCore patch and now my GPU are back and running. Seems that OpenCore have something missing about GPU in its core.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 22.00.34.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 22.00.34.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 16
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.