Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
There seems to be an annoying bug on the forums, when i follow the "new post link" in a reply notification mail.

It doesn't jump to the post in question, when it's on the same page, it's not all that bad, i may have to scroll down (sometimes a lot!), but sometimes it load page 4 of 5.

It's a bit irritating..strange this hasn't been posted yet.. or is it a "feature"

but, i must say, nice work with this forum Arn! a project like this needs a whole lot of attention and a lot of time goes into working the little kinks out.

klaus

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
for me at least, there's always been a bug in the anchoring system... "go to first unread post" has never worked. it always takes me to the end of the thread... it's not something i've paid much attention to.

paul

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
Pfft, the bug seemed to be solved a few days, but now it's back, how weird as it might sound.

It's really annoying, cause i have to scroll to the top or the bottom to change pages, and then another reload...

The url in the mail contains the topic id, and the value = newpost. So I figure this activates a routine to look for the newest post for that topic, and then redirects you to that topic page with an anchor to that specific post..

Are you guys looking into this or...?

Thx!

Klaus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.