Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I noticed that when there are many apps open, launching the camera app causes all apps in memory to be purged...

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Yeah, the camera app is rather inefficient. They need to fix it up big time.

Another bug too. While charging your phone overnight, sometimes there is this 'system memory reset log' which purges all apps running in memory. issue still there in 9.2.1

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Another bug too. While charging your phone overnight, sometimes there is this 'system memory reset log' which purges all apps running in memory. issue still there in 9.2.1

Where would I find this? I can check if fixed in 9.3 for you. My phone is a 6S+, but I doubt that will make a difference.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Where would I find this? I can check if fixed in 9.3 for you. My phone is a 6S+, but I doubt that will make a difference.

Settings / Privacy / Diagnostics & Usage / Diagnostics & Data

check for any logs with 'SystemMemoryReset'

are apps reloading often for you? do u close background apps?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I noticed that when there are many apps open, launching the camera app causes all apps in memory to be purged...

Apps that use/require large amounts of memory have no choice but to purge the background apps. Don't expect that to be "fixed" simply because its not broken, just an unfortunately consequence of how iOS (and other mobile OS's) work. It gets better with newer devices that have more RAM but its always going to be an "issue".

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Settings / Privacy / Diagnostics & Usage / Diagnostics & Data

check for any logs with 'SystemMemoryReset'

are apps reloading often for you? do u close background apps?

I've had two of those system memory things. One on the 8th and one on the 9th. None since. I don't know if that means much.

I also don't have many app refreshes, mainly when gaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.