Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
That's all fine and well, but I just want a version that doesn't require X11 and can print.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
yeah, who is working on it now? Or has it been completely tossed to neo office?

Paul O'Keefe

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2005
Looks nicer

That screen shot looks good. The interface looks a whole lot better. I'd prefer if it ran as OS X Native, but I might actually give this version a shot.

MacPhreak

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
Lexington, KY
gekko513 said:
That's all fine and well, but I just want a version that doesn't require X11 and can print.

It can't print?! I knew it was limited, but really...an office suite that can't print isn't much use, now is it?

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
varmit said:
I thought it was dead.

The reports of it's death were greatly exaggerated, partly due to a misunderstanding about the intent of NeoOffice.

Hmm, blatant misrepresentation and sensationalism on Slashdot, whould'a thunk :rolleyes:

Basically the developers had said that the Aqua native version was not going to be under active development, because they didn't have the resources and thought NeoOffice was the way to go. The X11 version was always being worked on.

I think the NeoOffice developers (both of them! Have to give those two a huge amount of thanks for what they've done), have since worked something out to make sure an Aqua native version is not permanently shelved either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.