Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Now I may be late to the game, but I've just got an email from Codemasters comfirming that there is, finally, going to be a sequel to the awesome Operation Flashpoint. Operation Flashpoint 2.

I LOVED this game and its expansions. Huge maps with free reign, able to capture and use any and all enemy weaponary. The brilliant squad tactics, the realism. Love it.

Can't wait for this to be released. It's coming out for PC and consoles, but no way will I be playing this on my 360... this has PC written all over it if its as deep as the original. Now I just need to know the spec needed to run it... will my MBP be able to run it as native res?

This is shaping up to be a good year for the new versions of classic games - Bioshock (System Shock 2 is potentially my favourite game of all time) and Op: Flashpoint. I just hope my Apple hardware is up to it...

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Now I just need to know the spec needed to run it... will my MBP be able to run it as native res?

Calm down! :) All that is on the site is that the game is going to be released. I don't know that anybody can tell you if your MBP can run it or not since there are no recommended specs and nobody has played it or the demo.

But yeah. I loved the first one. It was one of the few games where I felt you weren't always winning the war but at least you were trying. Running away from tanks was one of my favorite elements.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Calm down! :) All that is on the site is that the game is going to be released. I don't know that anybody can tell you if your MBP can run it or not since there are no recommended specs and nobody has played it or the demo.

But yeah. I loved the first one. It was one of the few games where I felt you weren't always winning the war but at least you were trying. Running away from tanks was one of my favorite elements.

:D I'll try!

Yup, the rumbling of tanks, glimpses of an entire enemy squad through the trees when you're on your own, and the roar of the Soviet Helicopters overhead... brilliantly heart-pounding.

I hope its the original crew doing it - and doing it right...

I thought they announced this ages ago?

It's been rumored for years (and wished for for longer) but nothing official was forthcoming to the best of my knowledge. This is certainly the first official announcement I've ever seen...

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Wasn't Armed Assault the sequel to Operation Flashpoint?! :confused: It was certainly made by the same people, and in an interview in Edge they said they considered it the sequel.

Anyway, an 'official' sequel would be great. It was one of those games that was incredibly difficult, but extremely rewarding. Winning the game required both luck and skill. You could spend an hour executing a very delicate operation, only to be snipered by someone in a position which, upon numerous previous run throughs, had never been there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.