Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faithfulFrank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Central Florida
As a former windows user of Printshop, I find it very disappointing that the "new" Printshop for mac osX is so far behind the current windows version. Why so we have to take many steps backward just to like our macs?

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I've noticed that Printshop also costs more than the Windows version as well. My mom got the newest version of Printshop after they got their new 2.8 GHz Dell and it only cost $35 for the deluxe 5 CD set and the Mac version is $70 and seems a few versions below hers. On the up side, though, I've seen the DVD-ROM version for Printshop on the Mac in stores whereas to get the DVD version for Windows it seems like you have to first buy the CD version and then send away for the DVD version with a check for even more money.

faithfulFrank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Central Florida
Dear Powerbook,
Yes, the same week I paid $50 for Printshop for Mac, Broderbund sent me the DVD of Printshop for Windows....the type that once loaded in a PC would charge me $39. The fact is that this windows version is version 20, whereas the Mac version is equal to about windows version 10, which I owned years ago. My PC blew up last year, and I am now a happy Mac user, except for this sore subject. I may consider getting virtual pc and having the best of both worlds, but I am not too sure about that....virtual PC version 7 comes out next week. We'll see how that get's reviewed. I asked about it on another thread, and got spanked a bit. Oh well.
Have a blessed new year.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Running Printshop under VPC should work perfectly well, the only problem is the cost of VPC. I can't say just how low down the foodchain version 10 for the Mac may be compared to version 20 for the PC, but either way, Printshop is a good program, even a lower version. My mom often complains that version 20 isn't as good as her older versions were, and I tend to agree in many instances, so the Mac version may even be better depending on personal preference.

Happy New Years to you, as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.