Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
on Ebay

The price is definately right.

I had ordered the G5 and realized that my budget just couldn't deal with it...at least not right now. And it would be serious overkill for my needs (home video editing, some personal web design, photoshop, and the other usual things). I was able to cancel the order for the G5, but too late to cancel the cinema display (it will be here Monday) so I'm still thinking there might be a way...I would love to hold on the that sweet display!

If I can't work it, I'll be reufusing delivary of the display *sniff* and be looking at the top of the line 17" iMac and the 15" PowerBook. After the updates...whenever that may be.

einsteinium

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2003
With 40 available and such a low number of items sold, I'd be skeptical. Get actual pictures of the machine or avoid it.

Thats my 2 cents.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I wouldn't touch it. Notice the seller has no recorded selling history, not even a single iMac-- let alone a huge quantity of PM's. Better safe than sorry.

pnw

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Re: Opinions?

Originally posted by PieMac
on Ebay

The price is definately right.

I had ordered the G5 and realized that my budget just couldn't deal with it...at least not right now. And it would be serious overkill for my needs (home video editing, some personal web design, photoshop, and the other usual things). I was able to cancel the order for the G5, but too late to cancel the cinema display (it will be here Monday) so I'm still thinking there might be a way...I would love to hold on the that sweet display!

If I can't work it, I'll be reufusing delivary of the display *sniff* and be looking at the top of the line 17" iMac and the 15" PowerBook. After the updates...whenever that may be.
Even looking at Apple UK's prices. The bottom of the range PM G4 1.25Ghz plus a 17" Studio display is only a £100 more than the 17" iMac and is a more powerful machine. You could even go dual for another £250 on a BTO. The PM doesn't have a superdrive though. I dunno about the US prices but given the choice I'd go with a PM over the imac.

phrancpharmD

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Historic Norcross
I agree with first two posts - but maybe you should just watch this auction over the next 21 hours or so remaining and see if anyone else goes in first; you could always email the seller and ask for a phone number to reach him and talk with him in person. Seems like I've read that most scammers will flake out at this point. I'm much more wary about eBay than I used to be, due in part to some of the horror story threads I've seen here! I'd hate for yours to be another one. . .

Lori

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
Schaumburg, IL
Hmm...I guess your problem's solved...the item has mysteriously become invalid. (lol, I wanted to see it out of curiousity)

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
Yep...I had decided that it just wasn't worth the risk. I've always been a bit squeamish about buying anything of real value on Ebay anyway.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by PieMac
Yep...I had decided that it just wasn't worth the risk. I've always been a bit squeamish about buying anything of real value on Ebay anyway.
Funny, I don't see anything but "Invalid Item" when I follow the link.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
That's what you see when they remove an item.

I did get a response from the guy via e-mail. He wanted me to iChat with him about it. Forget it...already too leary to deal with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.