Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? It's constant in my photos, I don't want them in the bloody cloud because I don't happen to live in a city centre with perfect 4G all the time, I get patchy 3G if I'm lucky. I have 46.5gb used of 64gb on my iPhone SE, I'm not short of storage, I don't need to optimise and I'm getting sick of getting nannied to do so when it's not beneficial for me.

Cheers for any help!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? It's constant in my photos, I don't want them in the bloody cloud because I don't happen to live in a city centre with perfect 4G all the time, I get patchy 3G if I'm lucky. I have 46.5gb used of 64gb on my iPhone SE, I'm not short of storage, I don't need to optimise and I'm getting sick of getting nannied to do so when it's not beneficial for me.

Cheers for any help!
Where do you see this message? Is it an alert that appears or something else?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Mostly these may be triggered by iCloud Photo sync or iCloud Backup, if you aren't using these features, you can disable them under Settings>Apple ID at the top>iCloud>Photos>Off and scroll down to iCloud Backup>Off. You can disable Photo first to see if it will get rid of the warning then iCloud backup or both.

Last edited:

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Many thanks, I’ll give it a try!

(It’s when I open photos, daily, I get the on-screen prompt - I’ve deleted a lot from my phone but figure 10-15gb free is plenty for this to go away!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.