Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayrton1996

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2024
Hello friends! I am sorry for my english. So, I have MacBook Air 2008, so the computer is discontinued, so I try to change the operating system to Linux Mint Cinnamon, I followed the normal procedure, downloaded the Linux Mint Cinamon iso and performed the normal installation, but after installation I realized that the computer did not perform as desired (it was a little slow) I decided to use Linux Mint XFCE this time, as it is lighter. . However, during the installation of Linux Mint XFCE I was surprised because the MacBook's option key no longer works during the system boot as I did in the first installation process.

What should I do to successfully complete this installation? I want to remember that this is the first time that I work with a MacBook and I have not found any case similar to mine on this vast internet. I tried to enter the GRUB menu, but my pen drive doesn't appear there
Thank you I would like to have your help…

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
erase and reinstall Linux installer. Remember that pendrive must be bootable to actually boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.