Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hello.

I'm on macOS 12.3.1, on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra 48-Core 128GB Ram and I used an iFi Zen Dac V2 (firmware 7.4) to listen to music.
Apple music Lossless always worked with no issue and today, out of the blue without cahnging anything, any option to change the quality disappeared, as you can see.

The Dac works fine, and I have no idea why all of a sudden I cannot listen to lossless audio or dolby atmos; I assure you I haven't changed anything.Are you experiencing anything similar?

I have a hunch this is one of the trillion bugs I'm experimenting in macOS Monterey...

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 17.22.41.png

Reactions: Conrad3k

macpanzer

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
AM has gone completely bonkers.

Yesterday, while playing some random (Apple made) playlists I noticed that songs played from a playlist do not play in lossless (a few randomly still did). When I went to the same song on the same album then there it was lossless and played as lossless. Happened only on macOS, on iOS it seemed to be ok.

Today the lossless options disappeared in the desktop app.

?

Reactions: Conrad3k

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
AM has gone completely bonkers.

Yesterday, while playing some random (Apple made) playlists I noticed that songs played from a playlist do not play in lossless (a few randomly still did). When I went to the same song on the same album then there it was lossless and played as lossless. Happened only on macOS, on iOS it seemed to be ok.

Today the lossless options disappeared in the desktop app.

?
Phew...glad to see I'm not the only one.
I'm so annyoed with Apple, as I really like Apple music features and playlists, not to mention the integration within the ecosystem...
However, it's just so bugged, ESPECIALLY on macOS.
I seriously hope they overhaul the app on macOS 13.

Conrad3k

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2022
Poland
Im also having this issue on M1 MacBook Air. Dolby Atmos and Loseless options are gone.

Edit: They are now back somehow.

Edit 2: After restart, it's gone again.

Last edited:

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
I just came here to post this haha. Missing Dolby and quality settings. Fine on iOS/iPadOS.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
These issues today are probably related to the ongoing Apple Music partial outage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.