Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aquaris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2024
Hi there!

I need a second hand iPhone to replace my laggy Android phone. I find two cheap model, $50 for iPhone SE 2016 and 6s around $75. iOS 15 should be base for my usage but I can't buy new model right now.
which one you recommend? both are in healthy condition even batteries.

Thank you!

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Hi there!

I need a second hand iPhone to replace my laggy Android phone. I find two cheap model, $50 for iPhone SE 2016 and 6s around $75. iOS 15 should be base for my usage but I can't buy new model right now.
which one you recommend? both are in healthy condition even batteries.

Thank you!
None of them, they are EOL in terms of support even if the get the occasional update when a severe security flaw is found or severe bug.
At least look at getting a iPhone SE2020 or iPhone 11, they an be found fairly cheap and can run the latest iOS version and get updated.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
None of them, they are EOL in terms of support even if the get the occasional update when a severe security flaw is found or severe bug.
At least look at getting a iPhone SE2020 or iPhone 11, they an be found fairly cheap and can run the latest iOS version and get updated.
As the owner of an iPhone 6s Plus (and 11 Pro Max) and the father of a son who still has his iPhone SE, it pains me to agree here. But, I do agree.

@Aquaris, you state that iOS 15 should be the base for your usage. Well, I'm not sure about the SE, but the last version of iOS that the 6s models can run is iOS 15. So right there, you're stuck at that version. And as time goes by you will remain stuck on iOS 15.

Now, if that's not important (my own 6s Plus is primarily used to be just a phone with some light texting and email when out walking) then maybe you won't mind being stuck on iOS 15. But, like @Reverend Benny, I can't recommend it.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
The 6S and SE are both very usable on iOS 15. I still regularly use my 6S as a media device and everything runs reasonably well. I wouldn’t recommend using it for longer than a year as app support will begin to slip shortly due to the phone being unsupported by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.