Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
IMG_0409.jpeg
Bought one of these in preorder and have been using it for a little over a month.

It's TINY. But a little pricey.
Rechargeable and lasts for about 30days.

If anyone else goes mad trying to find your glasses (especially because you cant see!) this thing works a treat! Ringer is pretty loud too!

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Interesting, but these need fairly thick frames (more than 4 mm). They wouldn't fit on my glasses, for instance.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
Interesting, but these need fairly thick frames (more than 4 mm). They wouldn't fit on my glasses, for instance.
As shown, this is true. I ended up putting mine on outside of the rear ear catch piece. It was just thick enough and the adhesive is very strong.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
Despite the photo, it isnt the best descriptor.

The device has two, tiny recessed contacts that mate with pogo pins on small springed clip that has a built in usb-a cable. The clip arrangement feels kind of cheap/flimsy but it does work.

Reactions: matrix07

erihp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
That got me thinking, it should be easier to make the whole thing AirTags compatible.
Makes the frame AirTags.

true, that'd be a nice build in. but hey at least with this you dont need to buy new frames!

Reactions: matrix07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.