Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I want to get Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to play on my Core Duo MacBook Pro, but I am concerned about graphics performance, as I have the bare minimum graphics card to run HP (ATI X1600). I know I probably won't get the amazing graphics I've seen in the pictures, but will it at least look good and run well?

garethlewis2

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2006
Odd, the requirements for the PC version aren't as high.

Oh yes,I forgot, EA are using Cider. Silly me. This has to convert all the Windows OS API and DirectX calls into OS X and OpenGL 1.5> calls. Using Bootcamp the game will run very very well with your MBP. Running under OS X using Cider, it is going to run like crap.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Odd, the requirements for the PC version aren't as high.

Oh yes,I forgot, EA are using Cider. Silly me. This has to convert all the Windows OS API and DirectX calls into OS X and OpenGL 1.5> calls. Using Bootcamp the game will run very very well with your MBP. Running under OS X using Cider, it is going to run like crap.

Ok, well so much for that then. I guess I'll just get the Wii version at some point then. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.