Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
So I finally ordered an iPhone 7 plus and spent all my money. I'm excited but really nervous, any tips/advice? This is my first time having a phone this big.

Reactions: Jetcat3

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
I got mine On Friday, so I'm about a week into it. Took me about a day to get used to the size. So far I'm enjoying it. I wanted that camera so bad - and I haven't had the opportunity to really use it yet.
I would say I have below average sized hands, do you think I'll get used to it within 2 weeks? That's how long Verizon's return policy lasts.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So I finally ordered an iPhone 7 plus and spent all my money. I'm excited but really nervous, any tips/advice? This is my first time having a phone this big.

You will adjust rather quickly to the sheer size of it. It's a great iPhone. The stereo speakers, 1080 P screen, dual camera and speed are my favorite features. If you have any questions, there are a lot of threads on here to find answers with feedback.

Reactions: Jetcat3

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
You will adjust rather quickly to the sheer size of it. It's a great iPhone. The stereo speakers, 1080 P screen, dual camera and speed are my favorite features. If you have any questions, there are a lot of threads on here to find answers with feedback.
Thank you :)

potentmf

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2016
I have small hands as well but I've been rocking big phones for the past five years. Best thing you should do is get a case or skin with some texture, that will make it less likely to slip out of your hands. I usually carry my phone in my purse so I get those cheap rubber (TPU) cases for grip and that's all I need.

Reactions: Docle888

zohaali146

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2016
Wow, just wanna say best of luck and congratulations dude.

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
I got the 7 plus, tried to get used to it for a few months, but ended up giving it to my mother and ordering the 7.

I can't deny it's very nice to have the bigger screen, but I never got used to carrying the 7 plus around. feels weird in the pocket, it's hard to use with one hand and it doesn't replaced my iPad in any way. So I rather have a 4.7" iphone in my right pocket for easy access, and the iPad in the backpack when going to college.

I don t need the dual Camera, and 2gb of RAM is enough considering my last phone was a 5s. Still.. most people I know love the plus and find me crazy for replacing it for a normal 7, but well.. 7 has very good size.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
The Plus size is a bit unwieldy but it's mainly due to the lack of grip. If you buy a nice thin grippy case, it'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.