Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Butters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
UK
The estimated ship date on macbooks is 7 days if you browse the apple online store.

But I just a few hours ago ordered one and checked my status:

it says estimated ship date for my "MB 13/1.83 CTO WHITE" is "Sep 27, 2006" and estimated delivered by "Oct 6, 2006"

much longer than 7 days away.
So would you say this is quite odd?
I'm hoping it means an update soon :p but probably unlikely

edit: of note, sept 27 is a wednesday (commonplace for updates ..after "next tuesday" of course)

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Apple always over-estimates shipping dates - often by weeks.

I've ordered things, and expected them in anything from 5 days to 3 weeks, and they've been at my door in under 48 hours.

There have been many stories similar to yours on MR lately, concering MBs - and all turn up weeks/days earlier than anticipated.

Keep checking its status online.

Butters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
UK
Cool thanks I thought that was probably the case.

it just seems an awful long time to wait! before it's expected to be at my door.

ScoobyDoofus

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
Galway, Ireland
I ordered a bog standard macbook (white, 2ghz, 512mb) on Tuesday 12th, and it says "estimated shipped by 21st September" and "estimated delivered by 25th September".

This is my first mac, and I'm really excited, but gutted that I have to wait so long!

I also ordered a 120gb hard drive and 2gb ram, which are now sat here waiting for my shiny new mac!

nickelbackmac

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
About 2 weeks ago, I ordered my Mac Mini, and it said that it would arrive in just 1 more week. Truth to be told, it's been here for a week. 1 thing: Apple, as said before in this thread, overestimates shipping times.

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
They definately over estimate in their times mine was way overestimated but I do believe there is a backorder of a week or two for the macbooks though. A customer replations guy told me that yesterday on the phone(I was also trying to get a replacement instead of a repair so he may just of said that). But I've also read it on online forums and such were people were having to wait 2 weeks for a replacement to be shipped.

Its probably partially due to all the macbooks getting sent in for logic board replacements causing the factory or factories to be low on logic boards. But part of me wants/thinks its clearing the channel so they can introduce an update.

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2005
Mine was underestimated the said shipped by 15th delivered 20th now its ship 22nd deliver 26th White 2.0ghz 120gig 1gigram so I dunno maybe because i custom ordered it I'm not exspecting an update though but will be pleasntly suprised if it happens how ever I'm 99.9% it won't. But who knows

Rodstermac

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
I ordered a Macbook yesterday too with the same October receive date and September initial ship.

I am HOPING it is an update as well. Intel sent out the Core 2 chips in July to manufacturers and Dell and others already have their Core 2 models on the market. Laptops benefit the most from those chips (according to the Intel article)

When I ordered my mini it was a LONG wait and they were right on with the estimate; however, initially they set a 2 week time frame and it ended up being a month before shipping. It took about a week before they re-estimated it so I thought I only had a week more to wait when in fact I had to wait 3 more weeks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.