Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Wondering if I'm missing something. Is there any way to order the new iPad Pro directly from Sprint and opt out of adding a service plan? It's not allowing me to proceed without choosing a plan. They still have 5/21-28 delivery windows which is why I'm looking with them instead of directly through Apple.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Sprint still has a website? I thought that was all swallowed up by T-Mobile by now.

That being said, maflynn is right. Why would they sell you one without a plan at a Cell Phone Carrier??

I mean you could buy it with a plan, but cancel the plan once you get it I guess.

Reactions: PennHunter

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
And a quick cautionary note: Sprint doesn't really exist anymore, except for customers who had Sprint services before Sprint's merger with T-Mobile was finalized (I'm one of those people FWIW). Now, anything new, such as data contracts and hardware purchases, is provided under the T-Mobile brand. In fact, T-Mobile is even trying to get Sprint customers to swap their Sprint SIM cards for T-Mobile SIM cards.

So if the iPad deal came in an unsolicited email or from clicking on an ad banner, I would be careful about providing any personal information.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.