Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 8, 2020
Has anyone see their orders ever tracked in Apple Wallet? I forget which version of the iOS the feature came to be but supposedly with participating merchants, our orders made with one of the cards in the Apple Wallet would appear in the order section. I have used my Apple Card many times on websites and have not once seen an order appear in the Track Order section of the wallet. Anyone have experiences with that?

Here's the link to Apple support about that feature:

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
I had one company use it since release but it wasn’t accurate or updated. Even Apple doesn’t use it so what’s the point???

• Sad
Reactions: msackey

msackey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 8, 2020
I had one company use it since release but it wasn’t accurate or updated. Even Apple doesn’t use it so what’s the point???
Oh, even Apple doesn't use it? That kinda sucks. Yeah, I wonder why they were interested in putting orders into the Apple Wallet. I can see it IF it is more flexible where it either allows the user to manually enter the tracking and/or it allows other merchants to use it regardless of the use of Apple Pay. But why would most people want to use the Wallet to track orders since they are specific to: a) use of Apple Pay, b) supported by merchants.

There are many times when I can't use Apple Pay and just have to enter my Apple Card manually. Those aren't eligible for tracking, as I understand.

AngryFailure5

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2023
It’s up to Shopify to fix the issue. Shopify doesn’t seem like they want to fix it which is annoying because this is a really useful feature but useless without Shopify. Maybe we can get them to fix the problem

infomofo

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2022
Is this confirmed just totally broken? It's bizarre that this button is still in iOS 17 when it's never done anything. I've ordered from plenty of merchants in the past year- including shopify, apple.com, amazon, and I've never had any orders show up here. It's so surprising they didn't clean up this feature if it has been totally abandoned or failed to launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.