Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
Has anyone noticed that ApplePays tax is a bit higher at times than it should be? I was just on the Best Buy site looking at prices for an item and the tax would've been $112 which is accurate. However, when I went on the app and checked ApplePay, it was $142... I then selected normal checkout via app to see if it was an app error, but it was back to $112. I've never noticed before because I only used it for small orders and now I'm curious if it's been over charging me this whole time.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
Just tried again (and I accidentally ordered a $1500 item by attempting to take a screenshot lmao major fail on my part but I cancelled quickly) but there was still a variance in the sales tax, however on the order status it did say "There has been an adjustment to the tax" or something along those lines. Just seems odd that there would be since my billing and shipping addresses are the same in the ApplePay setting as it is on my BestBuy

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Yes. I noticed this when I ordered a watch band for pick up from the Apple Store app. It listed a higher rate for tax, but it adjusted down when I picked up the band. Odd, for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.