Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lbeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
I only have home videos on my ipad. All of them are obviously in iTunes so when I synced with my iPad, they were all thrown into the video app. The problem is they are not organized, all of them show up together. All I want to do is organize them by year, I want a 2008, 2009 and 2010 folder. How do I do this?

I've tried right clicking on the movies and adding the sort name of 2008 to all the 2008 movies but it does not work, all videos are still thrown together in the video app. What do I need to do to make this happen? I also tried creating a playlist and all that does is put it in the ipod app. Maybe I'm not a good searcher but I have not found any info from Apple about how to do this. I've found some other threads with some info but nothing solid that will work for me. Please help, this is driving me insane!

Thanks!

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
Turn them into a TV Show (or several).

Use MetaX (windows or Mac). Label the stuff as TV shows and number them into Episodes.

Each season gets a "folder".

Instant folder. You can even make a "cover" for it.

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Wouldn't another option be to make playlists? I think you'd then access them via the iPod app rather than the Videos app (but I may be wrong).

Also, I think another option might be Goodreader.

lbeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
Looks like the tv show trick is the best option. Making a playlist puts them in e iPod app but only plays the videos really small for some reason. It appears I don't need to use the third party app to do it either, just right click on files and change the info to tv show and label episode. Does the third party app do something different? Thanks for responses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.