Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShadowJade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
Not that I can stop “Non Vision Pro” owners from posting…but, am I alone in the wish of 2 things. I view a lot of my content in bed facing up at a 45°-75° angle. In these scenarios, I wish that theatrical immersion scenes would use my ° of tilt as the horizon/base. I can’t use HBO or theatrical immersion (and certain games like Table Games) is they demand that the viewing base is level to the horizon. Secondly, and the namesake of the thread, I wish that in some cases I could lock my view on the window that I am watching. When I roll to my side in bed watching movies, I must “bring my active window” with me, and I can’t get it to rotate well to my new viewing angle (it does rotate a bit, but not onto its side as my viewing field now is). Just me?

Reactions: gerald.d

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I definitely wish the cinema model of the TV app didn’t lower the screen as it does. If I lean back in a chair I’m basically looking near the ceiling yet the screen drops too far down to view comfortably. I would imagine they’ll correct that soon since that seems likely to affect a lot of people. I haven’t had the need for the lock myself but I can understand it.

Reactions: ShadowJade

ShadowJade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
I definitely wish the cinema model of the TV app didn’t lower the screen as it does. If I lean back in a chair I’m basically looking near the ceiling yet the screen drops too far down to view comfortably. I would imagine they’ll correct that soon since that seems likely to affect a lot of people. I haven’t had the need for the lock myself but I can understand it.
I throw my Beats Studio Pros over the top and can get quite comfortable in my oversized fluffy pillows. Occasionally the pillows will freak out the cameras and give me a “too close to objects” warning, but it is easy enough to avoid. I honestly can, and have, fallen asleep in this position. Thus the angled screen image would be nice. Walking around with a locked FaceTime call would be a second nice one. Just a little lock icon in the top right of application windows to pinch on and lock.

Reactions: fatTribble

ShadowJade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
What happens if you turn on travel mode?
I will give it a try tonight when I get home. my son used it while we’re driving the other day, it lost tracking on the image almost every time we took a reasonably sharp corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.