Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NintendoMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am a collector and I recently began lightly collecting original factory sealed Apple products. As this becomes more and more popular it lends itself to more and more scamming and re-seals. Does anyone know if there is a way or avenue to explore to verify the authenticity of original Apple factory seals vs. a more recent re-seal? I was wondering if anyone knows either someone who specializes in this or if Apple has some type of proprietary seal that may be identifiable?
Any help is much appreciated

Grandotally21

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2021
Pretty sure there’s not.

I’m not an expert or professional in the field, but if you’d like...I’d be happy to send a few detailed photos of my factory sealed 1st Gen iPhone 1, along with the earbuds factory sealed as well. If you see enough of what the real thing is, you’ll probably be able to more easily spot a fake. These have been in climate controlled storage for many years...most you’ll find will probably look a bit more beat up...I’m just hoping they’re gonna be worth something one day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.