Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I have an original homepod but it's dead Jim.

Does anyone know a place in the UK that services? Apple want £270 so it's cheaper to buy a new one

Thanks!

Last edited:

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
We have four original HomePods here - two are still working as-new, but the other two will only work for a short period of time before they stop playing, or think they're playing but no sound comes out etc. I'll try mailing that guy in the UK unless anyone can suggest an alternative? I really don't want to admit defeat and just bin them, I think its also a bit poor of Apple to just wipe their hands of these given there seems to be a known issue with them.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I only spoke to him by mail and he was responsive.
My HomePods were repaired and paid-for on the 23rd and have not been able to get a tracking number or any response to emails since then, so not sure what’s going on.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
How strange. Try reaching out from another email possibly.I hope you get them!

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I've left a review on TrustPilot asking for him to get in touch - I see someone else has had to do this too. I'll update the review and here if/when I hear back from him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.