Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancemomo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2021
Original sealed HomePod worth money in future???

Attachments

• 0B60EBC1-2E6E-441A-B14D-CF7E88DCEA8F.jpeg
    0B60EBC1-2E6E-441A-B14D-CF7E88DCEA8F.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Wow
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Original sealed HomePod worth money in future???

In 2035 maybe. 2038?

I have a complete set of Star Wars 'motion banks'. Trouble is many people also saved them. I think I could just break even. Maybe. Hard to tell. If I live another 80 years, I might make some good money from selling them, but...

I'd think there would be two potential spikes in value. The short term 'I found one for sale, finally', and the long term, 'Hey, someone has a sealed HomePod for sale. Interesting. Wonder how much they want for it.'

The bad thing for you is that it's a white one. The 'space gray' sold out pretty quick, and seem to 'the color' to have. The white models would seem to draw less money in the future all around, because the darker ones are more sought after. (Ironic?)

lancemomo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2021
@PinkyMacGodess haha true, I actually have a space grey one and purchased apple care fir it. Once I noticed the space grey ones were gone I hit up apple, paid the 29$ fee and they sent me another one. Of course they wanted my “damaged” one to be returned. My hopes were that I’d get a sealed space grey replacement. LOL, what I got was a brand new SG HomePod. But in a generic box meant to send the broken one back in. Nevertheless now I ha e 2 SG homepods. And I do t understand why people don’t want the white fabric that gathers dust and looks terrible after 6 months with no good way to clean it. Dang Apple at least throw some type of grey fabric on top.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
@PinkyMacGodess haha true, I actually have a space grey one and purchased apple care fir it. Once I noticed the space grey ones were gone I hit up apple, paid the 29$ fee and they sent me another one. Of course they wanted my “damaged” one to be returned. My hopes were that I’d get a sealed space grey replacement. LOL, what I got was a brand new SG HomePod. But in a generic box meant to send the broken one back in. Nevertheless now I ha e 2 SG homepods. And I do t understand why people don’t want the white fabric that gathers dust and looks terrible after 6 months with no good way to clean it. Dang Apple at least throw some type of grey fabric on top.

Okay, but the wife got a gray car. She thought it would 'hide the dirt', but it actually calls out the dirt like an overacting soccer player faking a debilitating injury when they see that the camera is on them. It constantly looks filthy, and the auto car washer joints often leave streaks of dirt and dirty water down the sides. Her older car was kind of a titanium look (I thought) that they called 'champagne' (as I remember) and hid probably hundreds of pounds of dirt clinging to the side.

But the dirt hiding potential of gray is rather quixotic. I have a cultured (another word for fake) gray flecked 'marble' counter top that hides grime better than a politician hiding dark money. It's uncanny how absolutely filthy that counter gets before it starts looking like it's contagious. *URP*

I guess somewhere all that makes sense. Like the white versions of her old car hid dirt like an 80-pound pregnant girl a week after the rabbit done died. *shrug* File it away with the question 'Where are all the missing socks?' (I had one sock that went missing for nearly a year. It suddenly materialized in the clean clothes. I found it, and thought that the forlorned mate was put back in the laundry as a cruel prank, but took the sock to the place I kept the spurned mate, and there was a reunion, and I stood there stunned! There is some powerful force that is responsible. I just know it!:oops::cool:)

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
But the dirt hiding potential of gray is rather quixotic. I have a cultured (another word for fake) gray flecked 'marble' counter top that hides grime better than a politician hiding dark money. It's uncanny how absolutely filthy that counter gets before it starts looking like it's contagious. *URP*

My fake cork tile vinyl flooring does the same job. ;)

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.