Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Princess Cake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Cheboygan, MI
I'm trying to put together a complete set of every wallpaper that has shipped with OS X, from Cheetah all the way up to High Sierra.

I know there is a collection that claims to have everything but the images are renamed/spread all over/edited. I'm wondering if anyone has unedited extracted folders from "/Library/Desktop Pictures" for any version of OS X from 10.0-10.4

Princess Cake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Cheboygan, MI

Thats exactly the collection I mentioned! >w< some have been edited, some are from later releases, you can't tell which images are from which release... :/ I want to organize my collection by each version of OS X.

Like see the attached pic? OS X 10.2 shipped with the "Flow" desktops, thats why I want to organize everything, I want to have each wallpaper split up into the version of OS X it released with.

Attachments

• macosx102-2-1.png
    macosx102-2-1.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 463

Princess Cake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Cheboygan, MI
Exactly, like the "Desktop Pictures" folder itself from the System Library. Call it perfectionism or some sort of OCD, I just want as clean and direct a copy of the folders as possible.

The trouble with the "complete collection" thread is all the images are piled into one folder, some have been edited, some have been renamed, some are re-releases from newer versions etc...

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
Which ones would you like? I've got a PowerBook G4 installed with Tiger, I already pulled Desktop Pictures off, and I have the entire folder at my disposal. Trouble is, MacRumors won't let me post them all, so we have to do it on a selection basis.

Just the Aqua ones? Or the Tiles? Flow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.