Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I'm tired of Sprint and their horrible 3G service (it's getting better but still very spotty). Which carrier should I go to? I just need to be able to make calls and be able to google something when needed. Nothing more frustrating than paying $150 a month for two phones that you can't rely on.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.rootmetrics.com/compare-carriers/united-states/orlando/orlando-fl-june-2013/

AT&T and VZW are in a diff't league to the bottom dwellers (Sprint and TMo)

46AnG.png

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
This has to be one of poorest places to ask this question. Every carrier has dead spots, in every city. Focus on where you spend the most time and ask friends/associates that also spend there.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
This has to be one of poorest places to ask this question. Every carrier has dead spots, in every city. Focus on where you spend the most time and ask friends/associates that also spend there.

How so? People from Orlando will see the title of the post, and if they choose, they can recommend a carrier along with the locations they frequent. Considering the number of users on this site, it's a very good place to ask this question.

sddabrow

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
I'm tired of Sprint and their horrible 3G service (it's getting better but still very spotty). Which carrier should I go to? I just need to be able to make calls and be able to google something when needed. Nothing more frustrating than paying $150 a month for two phones that you can't rely on.

I too am on Sprint in the Orlando area... Lake Mary to be exact. I would recommend jumping to AT&T because I have seen a lot of spotty 3G areas on Verizon as well.

I personally end my contract with Sprint in October, but am leaning on the guys at S4GRU to advise if I should stay or go. If LTE is not up to snuff, I will be leaving, heading to AT&T and either picking up the 5S or Note 3.

Just my $0.02!

TheProFTW

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2013
Washington, DC
I went on vacation to Orlando with AT&T back when they changed their name from Cingular.
I had a 2g flip phone with me and always had 5 bars everywhere around Orlando.

pokerplayer73

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Florida, USA
At&t

I have AT&T. AT&T is excellent throughout Orlando and suburbs. Areas having good AT&T coverage that I can confirm.

MCO
Sanford
Lake Mary
Longwood
Altamonte Springs
Orlando downtown
Lk Buena Vista
International Drive

Daytona Beach
Tampa
Jacksonville

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
I have verizon and during my trips to Orlando I have nothing but good things to say. I'd say either AT&T or Verizon can't go wrong in the Florida area.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
I live in Orlando with AT&T and there is strong LTE coverage everywhere. I travel around Orlando for work and haven't yet found any particularly poor areas. Even falling back to 3G is not bad. My work phone is with Verizon and coverage is also great, but this is a basic flip phone so I can't speak for 4G data.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I live just west of Orlando and have great coverage pretty much everywhere around here with AT&T, including within the theme parks (I had 4 bars inside Space Mountain, for Pete's sake). I'm sure there are some outlying areas where it might not be as strong as in others, but everywhere in the metro area has been fine for me.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I live just west of Orlando and have great coverage pretty much everywhere around here with AT&T, including within the theme parks (I had 4 bars inside Space Mountain, for Pete's sake). I'm sure there are some outlying areas where it might not be as strong as in others, but everywhere in the metro area has been fine for me.

AT&T is the official wireless provider of Disney World.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Stick to AT&T in Florida.

Nathan21585

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
Central Florida
I have AT&T in the Lake Mary area too and can't say a negative thing about the service. The only time I ever have had limited service is in the parks if its. Particularly crowded or at a NASCAR race.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.