Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one finger john

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
I have a Mac Power pc, G4 Digital Audio (2001). It's a big old tower! Processor Speed I.47 GHz (after market OWC processor, a little underpowered but works fine, if it does not get too hot). 1 (just ONE) cpu. Not an Intel cpu. L2 cache 256. Memory 1.5 gb. Bus speed 133 MHz. OS is Safari 10.5.8 Leopard. OS has all the latest up grades (well, as late as possible). I also have FoxFire 3.0.5. Again, it is out of date, I guess out of support. Can't go any farther with the desk top I have.
Last week I had YouTube, Live Leeks and videos. This week I have audio only and a white screen. And a sign that says I have to update to Adobe Flash or HTML5. When I try I get the "archritecture will not support this up date". Or something like that.
Need some help here. Is my desk top too old? Will I ever able to WATCH videos again (without getting an Intel computer)? Has anyone had this situation happen to them?

Thanks in advance, John.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.