Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dfritt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent
I am new to apple bought a mac pro 2008 2 x 2.8 quad core 32 gb ram running el capitan what ever that is.all I can say coming from a pc what a superb quality machine OMG real alloy case.going to enjoy upgrading it to the best it can be, wish I could have afforded a new one in 2008 always been with windows from dos them were the days.but now buyers are guinea pigs.

Reactions: KeesMacPro

KeesMacPro

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2019
I am new to apple bought a mac pro 2008 2 x 2.8 quad core 32 gb ram running el capitan what ever that is.all I can say coming from a pc what a superb quality machine OMG real alloy case.going to enjoy upgrading it to the best it can be, wish I could have afforded a new one in 2008 always been with windows from dos them were the days.but now buyers are guinea pigs.
Although the MP 3,1 2008 is quite old , there are several upgrades you could consider.
Depending on the budget and knowledge this may be worth it.
Note that (unfortunately) a MP 4,1 (2009) or MP 5,1 (2010/2012) would give you a lot more options to upgrade...
For more info about the possibilities for your "new" MP 3,1 you may take a look in a MP dedicated forum :

Last edited:

piacosta

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2022
Although the MP 3,1 2008 is quite old , there are several upgrades you could consider.
Depending on the budget and knowledge this may be worth it.
Note that (unfortunately) a MP 4,1 (2009) or MP 5,1 (2010/2012) would give you a lot more options to upgrade...
For more info about the possibilities for your "new" MP 3,1 you may take a look in a MP dedicated forum :

io games
Thank you so much! Now everything it's clear!

Reactions: KeesMacPro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.