Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwoolsey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Indianapolis
Besides a torrent, anyone know where I could track down a copy of Tiger?

Sold an old G4 iBook and I need the start-up discs.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You can call Apple for replacement discs, but if you sold the iBook, how would the discs help you? You need to give them to the buyer?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's sold, but still in my possession. I'll try Apple in the morning. I'm guessing there's a fee?
Yes, a small one. I don't recall, but something around $15-25. Also, be aware that if you go the eBay route (which I don't recommend), make sure you're getting a retail copy and not the grey install discs that came with a Mac, since those discs are model-specific and will not work on other models.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
You could also find them on Ebay easily, and probably faster than Apple.

Not really, as copies of Tiger are getting rarer and rarer now. And the people that still do have copies are collectors and will not part with them. If you do find one, it'll probably cost you quite a bit of money too :(

Nov 28, 2010
located
It's sold, but still in my possession. I'll try Apple in the morning. I'm guessing there's a fee?

Yep, up to 30 USD in the USA, can be more in other countries (90 € in Germany for example).
But it will take a while to process I guess and will prolong the transaction of your auction (shipping and such).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.