Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
hopefully someone post screenshots of what iTunes looks like in OS X Yosemite. my guess is not much since it was not mentioned in the keynote. just a different icon and flatter windows?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
hopefully someone post screenshots of what iTunes looks like in OS X Yosemite. my guess is not much since it was not mentioned in the keynote. just a different icon and flatter windows?

Probably. I guess it'll get a make over for iTunes 12 in October.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Is there a YosemiteBetaAccessUtility like there is for mavericks?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Questions for those intrepid people installing this right away:

1. What is the behavior of the green maximize button? Is it fullscreen?
2. How bad is the transparency? Does it look gross with a lot of windows stacked?
3. What does the dark theme actually do? Screenshots? Is the graphite theme gone?

Frippe

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2007
Questions for those intrepid people installing this right away:

1. What is the behavior of the green maximize button? Is it fullscreen?
2. How bad is the transparency? Does it look gross with a lot of windows stacked?
3. What does the dark theme actually do? Screenshots? Is the graphite theme gone?

Can answer number 1 for you. Yes. Says so on apple.com

micomator

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2014
Different Apple Account

Can I download the Yosemite Beta, and install on a device that is using a different Apple ID?

I have one developer account, but multiple Apple accounts.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

SilvaGT

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2014
Please, upload screenshots with dark theme :) It's look really great on presentation. Thanks)

hounslowfish

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2013
http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/design/

A lot of what you do on your Mac requires clicking things like buttons, checkboxes, and pop-up menus. In OS X Yosemite, we’ve redesigned these controls to make the Mac experience feel cleaner and more refined throughout the system. And we’ve made them smarter as well. Take the red, yellow, and green “stoplights” in the corner of every app window. Not only have we streamlined their look, but we’ve also updated their functions. Close, minimize, and maximize are now close, minimize, and full screen, eliminating the extra full-screen control and consolidating the window controls in one place. Streamlining these and other elements of the interface means you can navigate the desktop more efficiently. And you can get the most from your beautiful Mac display.

I'm slightly surprised Minimize is still there! Feels like a relic from Windows 3.1...

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
how will the speed improvements of safari help my adult view pleasures? Will the HTML work with various adult websites to where i can uninstall flash?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Does no one see the new font, whichever it is, since I am not that font knowledgable?

MR2ss_2014_06_02_pA1_osx_design_font.jpg

It somehow looks too sharp and reminds me of Windows, but that may just be temporary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.