Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lashad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Ok My Friend Sent me 4 cd images of Mac OS X 10.2.... but there in Iso form... I burn them to a CD but my Mac wont read them.. How can i Burn them..

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: OS X 10.2 Jag.

Originally posted by lashad
Ok My Friend Sent me 4 cd images of Mac OS X 10.2.... but there in Iso form... I burn them to a CD but my Mac wont read them.. How can i Burn them..
Because MacOS X 10.2 ships on two CDs, it appears as though your friend split each disk image. They will have to be rejoined. The best person to help you should be your friend who sent the images to you. However, it would be extremely helpful if you would let us know what resources you have to manipulate and burn disk images. For instance, Jaguar's Disk Utility can burn ISOs, but you don't have Jaguar. Maybe an earlier version of MacOS X 10.x Disk Copy can do the same thing, but I don't use that anymore.

lashad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
the first Disk is 650MB so How could he have split them up... I just want to know how to burn it so i can install it. I used Nero to burn it.. Is it some way or some file extention I have to burn it at

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....perhaps you just go out and buy a *legitimate* copy of the operating system instead of asking for help with pirating a copy.....oh yeah!

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
omg, another thief looking for a favor. anyway, i'm gonna assume that yr friend is a PC user and probably downloaded these from Kazaa or elsewhere since the disk images are not only split but in ISO form. any Mac user knows that .iso is unreadable. why not just get a paper route or something and save up for a legal copy? you're not gonna have much luck around here finding a krack.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Originally posted by tjwett
omg, another thief looking for a favor. anyway, i'm gonna assume that yr friend is a PC user and probably downloaded these from Kazaa or elsewhere since the disk images are not only split but in ISO form. any Mac user knows that .iso is unreadable. why not just get a paper route or something and save up for a legal copy? you're not gonna have much luck around here finding a krack.
Actually, .iso images are readable on MacOS X 10.3. I had no trouble using Disk Utility to burn an .iso of FreeDOS.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by Lanbrown
Call 1-888-667-4722 and they can tell you what you need to do.

Greatest response EVER
:D

lashad - if your gonna pirate software, don't tell everyone about it, and especially don't ask for advice on a site like this....

You'd probably get a better response from Apple itself :rolleyes: :D ;)

how do you know its pirated?
perhaps he owns the system and left his disks at a friends house so his friend made a few images of the disks and sent them to him.
not evreyone you meet who is trying to burn a disk is a pirate, keep that in mind.

if you are pirating jaguar in the future, don't mention what exactly it is you are trying to burn just say you have "a couple of iso's and i gotta burn them" alot of people on these fourms dont take to highly to thoes trying to cheat apple out of their well earned money. even thought im sure over half the people on this site have installed a single copy of an os on more than one computer :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by MisterMe
Actually, .iso images are readable on MacOS X 10.3. I had no trouble using Disk Utility to burn an .iso of FreeDOS.

And on 10.2. And probably on earlier ones too, but I'm not sure because the earliest OS X I've used is 10.2.1.

lashad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
it very funny but.. My friend did send it to me.. he thought it would be fast to break the **** up in images and send it to online instead of mailing the **** to me and it taking about 4 days...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.