Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
On my Rev. C. Before I installed it, my fan kicked in only when I had a external device attached, hard disk drive, optical drive, etc. Now it runs more often. Not a big deal, but thought worth mentioning.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
I'm seeing identical temps and fan speeds before and after on SMC Fan Control.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Looking at my temp sheet in iStat Menus right now, things seem about how they always are, maybe a few degrees lower, but I'll attribute that to my cold-ish room this morning, and that my MBP hasn't been running for very long yet this morning.

JasG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
It could be my imagination. My machine has been running since 5am. And it is pretty warm inside today in NYC, though gorgeous outside. I don't have any of the programs that measure temperature. And even with the fan on this is my favorite laptop since I can't remember what lightweight machine in the 80s and early 90s.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
It could be my imagination. My machine has been running since 5am. And it is pretty warm inside today in NYC, though gorgeous outside. I don't have any of the programs that measure temperature. And even with the fan on this is my favorite laptop since I can't remember what lightweight machine in the 80s and early 90s.

http://www.eidac.de/?p=134

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
That's odd, after 10.5.8 and a new Logic Board in my Revision A, my Air has been running cooler and the fan has been turning on later. Thankfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.