Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Same - old, same - old...

It's already the New Year here - funny...

...doesn't feel any different (it's just as cold as yesterday!).

I'm waiting to do my "Woo-hoo"ing after hearing about the new product lineup from the Macworld Keynote speech.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: GoLive... GoLive... GoLIVE!!!

Originally posted by dantec
GoLIVE!!!

I just need a optimizer for OS 10!!! Norton Utilities 6 (not sure, but it's the latest version) does a really bad job of optimizing for OS X!!!

- I think Drive 10 does it. Give that a try. its Made by the same people that make TechToolsPro. I sware by it. I have Dirve 10 but have not tried to optimize yet. I stoped using Norton when TTP 3.0 came out.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
designer apps are great but they need consumer apps
like games and simple stuff everyday peoples use

applesurfer

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
I'm wating for...

I'm waiting for...
Adobe PageMaker
Adobe Photoshop
Macromedia Dreamweaver
Macromedia Flash

I like OS X a lot, but running stuff in classic is still really a pain.

evanmarx

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2001
Switzerland
macromedia ...helloo?

doesn anybody know what's up with macromedia? dreamweaver, flash, fireworks ...

i have not seen even 1 announcement by them about OSX ... damn ...

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Toast 5.1

I downloaded the Roxio Toast 5.1 updater last night and it works great. You have to manualy move some of your old files (if you even use them) out of your old Tost 5.0.2 folder inder the "Applicaions(OS 9)" folder to the one that the installer creates under "Applications". Works fine with the internal CD-R that my Mac came with. Interesting not. When you save and creat disk images... it saves them as .toast files now. Not that it really means anything.

I have only tested Toast 5.1 in OS X... have yet to boot into OS 9 and give it a run. But then again... I many not have to boot into 9 for a long time... at least I hope I dont.

Note to dantec: I will try and optimize my HD with Drive10 this week or this weekend. It takes forever (60 GB dirve) The last time I did it with TechToolsPro... I will get back to you about my results.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: Give me the results...

I need to know if it optimizes well... ;)

I guess i was wrong... Drive 10 does not have an optimize utility. for some reason i thought that it did.

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
So when is norton or micromat going to release an optimizing utility for X? I don't feel like reinstalling OS X to make it run fast again (after I optimized it with N. U. 6 it has made a quite slow noticable difference)!

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
So when is norton or micromat going to release an optimizing utility for X? I don't feel like reinstalling OS X to make it run fast again (after I optimized it with N. U. 6 it has made a quite slow noticable difference)!

I am sure they well be shipping one soon. They have too. Maybe dirve 10 will become like TTP3 later on. I guess they needed to waite a whil after OS X.1 has been out for them to really start working on An app like that. I guess its understanable that they have not put one out yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.