Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
I'm running the OS X El Capitan DP on my rMPB and the interface has been extremely choppy and sluggish every now and then. It feels like it's stuck and i just need to run a few animations to get it to unstick. After a while it'll restock up again. That goes for everything including typing in text fields and opening apps.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? The previous DP didn't have this issue at all. It was 100% smooth. Am I the only one with this issue?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Mine works fine, although it breaks more app than in dp1.
However since iOS 9.0 beta 2 has serious performance issue, I think you could just wait for the next beta Version to see if there is anything different.

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
Performance on my MBP went down in DP2 compared to the first DP as well, especially gaming but also browsing (beachballs, white windows) and video playback (micro stutters)

Pudlo

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014
I'm running the OS X El Capitan DP on my rMPB and the interface has been extremely choppy and sluggish every now and then. It feels like it's stuck and i just need to run a few animations to get it to unstick. After a while it'll restock up again. That goes for everything including typing in text fields and opening apps.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? The previous DP didn't have this issue at all. It was 100% smooth. Am I the only one with this issue?

For me i saw only such choppines seconds after changing GPU. But installing gfxstatuscard and setting card to internal or external manually helps :) hope i helped.

For now it takes like 10 seconds to settle down after changing gpu (but i use mostly only nvidia so i see no choppines) Probably it has something to do with video cache, metal API and so on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.